Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Better late than never.

It has been a little longer for this post than I originally intended. As you know, since the beginning of the year I have been counting calories to lose weight. The first week was great with the 6 pounds I lost and the second week seem to be off to a good start as well. Except for Thursday when I was out running errands. I hadn't eaten breakfast yet and started to feel light headed. I got the kids and rushed home, grabbed a granola bar but that did not help. I became nauseous, still light headed, very tired, chest hurt. I swear I thought I was either having a heart attack or a severe panic attack. Well, my nephew-in-law is an EMT and he told me it did not sound like a heart attack but the my sugar level got low and I was causing myself to have an anxiety attack. Jason came home from work to take care of the kids, thank goodness they were out for 2 days. I slept most of the day except for when he forced me to eat something. I slept most of the next two days away too. I just had no energy to do anything. After talking to other people and looking online, and because I have a history of low iron, Jason got some slow release iron supplements that I have been taking the last few days. After eating breakfast, taking the supplement, and getting a little nap, I feel like myself the rest of the day. I will be making an appointment with my doctor soon to get a much needed checkup.

BTW, losing weight has been pushed to the back burner for the moment although I am still tracking my food on MyFitnessPal.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you need to make sure to eat little snacks throughout the day as well. I have a few snack type things in my car - like granola bars, fruit snacks, etc. It';s really for the kids, but works for me too when I'm starving.

    I didn't know you had a blog, but I'll keep up with it now. :)

    ReplyDelete