Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day

So today was not as cool for me as it used to be. But hopefully it was for the kids. :D

We started out the morning with a fun twist to breakfast. For one I got up early enough to cook for them which is amazing all by itself. I fixed them Green Eggs and Bacon. They look really nasty when you put the food coloring in it.
 It looked a lot better once they were done and the kids liked it. Sam did not like that his milk was Green, even though it is his favorite color, and wouldn't drink it.


I
Based on info I researched online about giving babies eggs, I fed some to Gabe as well (there are no known egg allergies in our families). He gave his approval as well.

For their afterschool snack I found a recipe for Easy 1-2-3 Shamrock Milk Shake that I thought they would enjoy. Served with extra chocolate cookies. I don't think they really liked it at all, except for the cookies. Alex and Sam said they liked it but didn't drink much and TJ said he didn't like it at all. So I think next year I find a different fun drink to share with the kiddos.


The boys had a baseball scrimmage tonight. I love baseball season and can't wait for the games to start.

For dinner I wanted to make an authentic Irish meal but had to find one that I thought the family would enjoy as well as not take forever to make. So I made Crockpot Corned Beef and Cabbage. It was DELICIOUS. And definitely something I will make again.


Overall the day was pretty good. Can't wait until next year.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment