Tuesday, January 12, 2010

So...

I started back to school yesterday. YAY!!! I was so excited going into this semester because I have one semester left until I get to graduate. So exciting. I take my classes online because it is easier with 3 kids and a hubby that works full time and we do not have to worry about childcare. I log in all amped to begin and reading over the syllabus and requirements and such. And what do I see? I have two, yes 2, oral presentations for one class and 1 oral presentation for the other to do that requires me to go to the school.

I suffer from social anxiety (self-diagnosed that is) and I am scared to death to speak in front of a group of people. I do not like having people stare at me. I am so afraid of public speaking that when I was in high school I would purposely "forget" my paper at home and take the point deduction so that I did not have to get up in front of the whole class. The nervousness has subsided some, for the moment, and I am fairly confident that I CAN DO THIS. Right now I am just focusing on getting the rest of my class work done without falling behind.

Wish me luck! I need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment