Thursday, January 7, 2010

Errand Day

I swear I am going to be late to my own funeral. Don't ask me how but I bet I will be. I wanted to run some errands today, 1) pay the water bill, 2) get Sam a much needed hair cut, 3) go have lunch with Jason, 4) go to Goodwill to pick up some maternity shirts as I am starting to outgrow my regular shirts, and 5) go buy write and wipe preschool workbooks for Sam. And the goal was to do this all by 2pm so I could make it back home in time for the school bus to drop off the kids.

Did this happen like I wanted??? NO

Instead, I didn't get out of the house until 11:30am. Paid the water bill. Went to get Sam's haircut but the 1 person working had an appointment coming in so I said I would come back later. Came back at 3:30 and now they were booked the rest of the day. So SuperCuts here we come...tomorrow. After the unsuccessful haircut we went out to have lunch with the hubby and left there around 1ish. Stopped at Goodwill and what should have been an in and out visit turned out to be AN HOUR. Oh my goodness, I was only looking at the one rack, and pretty quick too, and tried on about 10 shirts. Anyway, it is now 2pm and I need gas in the car. I made it home just in time to get the boys. Had to pick TJ up from tutoring and off we went to Summerville to get the workbooks. Aggrivation comes next when the store I went to, and spoke to yesterday and was told they would have the books today, and they only have 1 book that I needed. Ugh!!
On the way back home I stopped at Agape and picked up the book they had there and ordered the other book I needed. YAY! Should have just had him order it yesterday when I was there.  So I got most of them and managed to get a book to make my 10-yr old upset (it's the 4th grade multiplication workbook hehe).


We are waiting for the Wipe-Off Animal ABC's book. The Trace and Color is just a regular workbook.

On a positive happy note, Jason coaches small fry basketball for the recreation center and tonight was their first game (TJ is on the team too but was not allowed to play because he kept causing a fuss about doing his homework all week long). We won!!! 12-10 in OT (overtime). It was a really great game and the kids played their hearts out. I love that. I love the parents too. They were so lively and really made it even more enjoyable. Our next game is on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment